Make Sure You Are Prepared to Weather Any Storm
Remnants of Hurricane Laura unleashed twisters of wind and heavy rain hundreds of miles inland along the Gulf Coast, leaving a path of mangled buildings.
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby for disasters like these. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, SERVPRO professionals are prepared for the unpredictable.
SERVPRO of South Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Douglas County, and Lyon & Storey Counties is here to help in any storm. The Tahoe and Truckee areas are no stranger to heavy snowfall. Hurricanes and tornadoes may be less common in our areas but we are not immune to weather emergencies and storm damage.
Immense destruction can be left after a large storm, but we are here to help restore homes, businesses, and hope.
According to www.weather.gov, the peak threat for hurricane season is from August through September.
SERVPRO of South Lake Tahoe, Carson City, Douglas County, Lyon & Storey Counties wants to help you be better informed for the hurricane season. Hazards can include inland flooding, tornadoes and destructive winds, and storm surges.
Here are 5 things to know.
- Storm surge is defined as a large amount of water generated by a storm’s wind. It is one of the leading causes of hurricane-related deaths in the USA. These surges can cause a massive amount of destruction along the coast and can travel miles inland.
- Flooding from heavy rain is the second highest cause of death from tropical cyclones. This can be destructive depending on the number of days rain persists after the storm has passed.
- Winds from a hurricane can be dangerous due to signs, outdoor furniture, or other materials that typically live outside.
- Tornadoes can accompany hurricanes making landfall. These tornadoes typically occur in rain bands well away from the center of the storm.
- Waves contain rip currents which can cause damage to structures along the coastline.
Stay safe this hurricane season.
If you need storm damage recovery assistance, call SERVPRO at (775) 588-2355.