We Are Cleanup and Biohazard Experts
Here to Help® and Ready to Respond
During these uncertain times caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, we want to remind our customers that we are specialists in cleaning and biohazard services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff performs on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages the cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends the usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Minimize Your Risk
Tips and Best Practices to Minimize Your Risk
Cities and states are taking increasingly drastic measures to curb the severity of the pandemic, including the closing of bars, restaurants, and public venues. In some areas, officials have issued “shelter in place” orders in order to compel residents to stay in their homes and limit movement. To further protect yourself, minimize your exposure with the following tips:
Practice Good Hygiene
- Clean hands with sanitizer and wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, tables, doorknobs, and handrails regularly
- Increase ventilation by opening windows or adjusting the air conditioning
At The Office
- Stop shaking hands – use other non-contact methods of greeting
- Use video conferencing for meetings when possible
- When not possible, hold meetings in open, well-ventilated spaces
- Disinfect “high touch” surfaces like desks, keyboards, light switches, doorknobs, and telephones
- Consider adjusting or postponing large meetings or gatherings
Stay Home if...
- You are feeling sick
- You have a sick family member in their home
Illness from COVID-19 is wide-ranging, from mild to severe symptoms and death. According to the CDC, symptoms may appear two days to two weeks after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
It is important to consult your medical provider if you develop any severe or concerning symptoms.
Need Proactive Cleaning Services?
If your home or business needs specialized cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Carson City, Douglas County, South Lake Tahoe, East Reno, and Lyon & Storey Counties, 775-588-2355